I wrote this piece yesterday, but I have not been able to stop thinking about it all day. So I decided that this simply needed to be my gratitude post of the day, because it was running through my mind and I feel called to share.
Eight things I know to be true:
- what other people say has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them
- there are few things better than the smell of dinner already cooking when you get home
- you are (in part) the product of your surroundings. so don’t surround yourself with anything less than what you inspire to take in and outwardly express
- sometimes a good hug can solve anything
- other times, some alone time can do the trick
- love can’t be explained. and when you feel it, there will be no question about it. no “I think I love so-and-so” or “is this it?” you’ll know.
- treat everyone with passion. because sometimes the people you think deserve it the least actually need it the most.
- trust your gut. it is never wrong.
Like this post, today I am grateful for the simple things; for long-time friends, for chai lattes and for cozy beds. I am grateful for this website and I am grateful for my eyes, for they allow me to read and to see the words I write.